Advertisements

Posted by Wildman

Husband. Dad. Pastor. I like to capture moments, pull their threads, and see what unravels. Lead well, read well, think well. And grace. Lots of grace.

91 Comments

1. Oh my…you’re amazing!! I can’t believe you started out thinking that you were going to ruin the song…lol!

Brilliant. And congrats on being Freshly Pressed! 🙂

2. You’ve made that much process in two weeks? Nice!

1. Progress? Process? I said them over too many times and now it’s all jumbled together.

3. I’m WAY impressed. How much fun!

🙂

4. Love it. And my two year old, named Delilah, was dancing to it and smiling, so you did NOT ruin it. Lovely.

1. This makes me smile. Is she named after the song?

5. You sound great and what matters is that you enhance your life!

6. spiritandtruth1128 August 25, 2011 at 11:42 am

i love this!

7. Really nice, really.

I’m a huge fan of the TED talks – there is one with a ukulele –

You might enjoy that.

1. Love this, Bill! There’s something lighthearted and honest about a uke that makes it fun.

8. congrats on being freshly pressed! 🙂 nice work…

9. Nah, Delilah would be wrong to think you ruined her song. Great job!

10. I like your version of the song more than the original xD

11. Hey we are on the same theme! Congrats on getting on Freshly Pressed 🙂

12. how cool! I wanna go to Venice!

13. If I commit a crime today because that silly song is stuck in my noggin and it prevent my noggin from fully processing and making rational decisions I feel you should be held responsible. Just sayin’.

Congrats on being Freshly Traumatized,..oops I mean Freshly Pressed.

Mr Bricks

NOTE: No band members from Plain White T’s were harmed during the making of this blog comment

1. Hope the five-o hasn’t found out about your crime spree, yet. Lay low and listen to some good uke tunes. Ha!

14. nice rendition 🙂 standing on the balcony to share the beauty? funny. had to share you on fb, just had to. congratulations on being freshly pressed!!

1. Thanks for sharing! One of the great things about music is how it creates shared moments that reach across time and miles. Glad we could have one together. 🙂

15. Oh, I think that’s awesome. I have a friend who recently picked up ukulele and I’ve been curious to try it ever since.

16. Hey I like it, very nice actually. Check out my music if you wish. I’m assuming your a musician. Facebook.com/campbellmusic

Also if you have a downloadable version of this you should email it to me

17. I love your version. You didn’t ruin the song at all. Very cool. 🙂

18. You didn’t ruin it. You added character! Makes me want to pick up my uke and actually learn something.
    p.s. great voice by the way.

Cheers!

1. “Added character…” I like that! Thanks!

19. For someone who has only been playing for so long, I must say you have a certain musical inclination about yourself. You can only improve from here! Best of luck! Check out my posts, if i get enough interested readers, I’ll post my harp music for you all 🙂

20. Good work, that was great. Ukes have been getting freshly pressed a lot lately it seems. I got a uke a couple of years ago. Fun stuff.

21. George Formby’s place in the pantheon of the world’s best ukelele players is under no threat!

1. No kidding! That guy could play! Watch out, George…I’m coming for you. 🙂

22. You sing great… Loved it simply….

23. i think it’s a fabulous rendition! love me some ukulele. thanks for sharing and keep it up!

24. Yea.. You just about didn’t ruin it ! Congrats..

25. I love this song and I love the ukulele. Think I want one!

26. Thanks for all the encouraging comments, gang! Everyone sharing and having fun — that’s what the Internet is for, right? 🙂

Several have mentioned dusting off their own ukes and learning a few chords. If you have an iphone….there’s a free app for that. 🙂

I’m not associated with this app in any way, just enjoy it myself.

Cheers!

27. You’re great!

28. A great cover of a great song! You definitely didn’t ruin it.

29. You’re too humble. This is great man! Its incredible the difference the ukulele makes to the sound of this song. Thanks for sharing!

30. My daughter carried her Ukelele all around the UK and Canada this summer. We listened to her plucking out Delilah in our rented car as we hugged the curves on the Cornish coast, as we navigated the streets of London, and even while we got lost a million times in Montreal.

Well done, and congratulations on the fp!

31. You get to be Fpressed – congratulations!

Your friend should get Best Compliment of the Year Award!!!

32. I love the tone in your voice. Enjoyed this!

33. “Sorry, but I’m about to ruin your song.” Haha! Not at all! Not anyone can do that – you have talent!

34. So not ruined. This is such a great song anyway, and the ukulele is really fun. Now, if you had a banjo …

35. very cool.. love the tone of your voice, you have a great voice.. 😀

36. Now I may have to by one ukelele for my daughter. I just hope she’ll be as good as you some day. Great playing!

37. I have recently started in the uke as well! How neat it is that there is a freshly pressed post involving a newbie far more advanced than myself already 🙂
    Congrats, and keep up the amazing work!

38. Sounds beautiful! Have you ever listened to any of the covers that Amanda Palmer has done with her uke? Awesome! 🙂

39. I’ve been playing the guitar for 10 years and still don’t sound that good. Nicely done!

40. That was enchanting, you didn’t ruin it at all. Congratulations on being FP’d.

41. Well done, good sir. As seabeegirl mentioned, Amanda Palmer has a great album of uke-infused Radiohead covers. I, too, tinker around with the ukulele and have recently added a page to my WordPress site dedicated to my faux ukulele band which consists of me. Alas, I am no singer so I guess I’m just an instrumental faux band, ha. Either way, well done.

42. Other people go to Venice and buy Murano glass. Other people go to Venice and buy masks. You go to Venice and buy a ukelele. You have style, Sir.

(Unless you’re talking about Venice FL, or Venice LA…)

🙂

Marie Marshall
    writer/poet/editor/blogger
    Scotland.

1. Sounds like you’ve been to Venice yourself! An inspiring place. I hope to visit Scotland someday…maybe I’ll return with a chanter. Ha!

I’m all about finding mementos that make me curious or that I can use in the future. Thanks for watching!

1. Strangely enough I haven’t been to Venice, but I have been captivated by it, and have even written poetry inspired by it http://mairibheag.com/2011/08/11/hello-world/

Going by your record so far, you’ll come to Scotland and return home with a sitar!

43. your room mate was so thrilled he asked you to play in the balcony with the door closed?!!! 🙂 how supportive of him hehehehe!

1. Yeah…and now he gets to see all these nice comments. 😉

44. lol your not even bad….good job 🙂

45. No, see, my ex ruined this song years ago. You actually made it tolerable again, which is good because I used to love that song. And for that, I thank you.

46. That is awesome and keep it up

47. arunimamazumdar August 26, 2011 at 6:19 am

nice!

48. I’m not a fan of ukulele, but this is actually good, you didn’t ruin the song at all. Good job. :))

49. nice ! I also bought the ukulele and learning how to play the song ‘I’m Yours’. Keep up the good work !

1. Maybe we’ll all hear your work soon!

50. wow, lovely, and you call it “ruined”? that’s underestimating a wonderful piece of art.

51. I think this is great! You can be my roommate and play anytime you want!

52. Much better than the original. I look forward to more covers…you check out The Be Arthurs – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etnab1WuZLQ&feature=related – they are good, you may like them. Keep up the good work
    A.Wally

53. just found this blog randomly with this post. U were great with that ukulele 😀
    A few days back I recorded the same song and made a small animation on it.
    Here’s the link. Hope you all will like it http://bit.ly/oNh4GN

54. very cool version of this song. Sounds great!

55. Man, this is one of my favourite songs, and you kept it there buddy.

This was great! 🙂

Cheers,
    Arjun Kay

56. The roommate thing made me laugh..

Thanks for the inspiration, I’ve been seriously neglecting my piano this summer. 🙂

57. great! such a simple instrument with a great sound…whenever I hear ukulele play, I start to mumble the melody from ‘over the rainbow’!!:) thanks for sharing this video!

58. You have a very gentle voice. Great singing, and I love the song.

It’s funny but the ukelele has always been a part of jokes in my family. Mostly because at school, along with the clarinet, it was one of the “boring” and “dumb” little instruments we play that didn’t sound the best and I was not rewarded by my big sis for being able to play it from school. “Yeah, you played an instrument…. a ukelele! Hahahaha!”
    Sigh. Ukelele, victim of jokes. Or was it I that was the victim? Oh boy.

I felt great appreciation for the ukelele after listening to Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s Over the Rainbow cover. He did play the ukelele, right? Please tell me it was. Now after listening to your Delilah rendition, I am not ashamed of the ukelele love anymore.

Thanks!

59. Love the ukulele, love Venice and love this song! Great job!

60. Two weeks? I hate you!

61. wordsfallfrommyeyes August 27, 2011 at 6:53 am

Very sweet 🙂

62. […] siit: https://wildthoughts.net/2011/08/13/sorry-delilah/) Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post.   Lisa […]

63. I love it with the ukulele… I think it sounds better than the original!

64. I love the ukelele. And the mandolin. What is it about these tiny instruments that tug at all our music heartstrings?

65. Nice rendition of that song!

66. […] I picked up this ukulele in Venice about two weeks ago. My roommate was so thrilled that he asked me to always play on the balcony with the door closed, “so my music could enhance the beautiful surroundings.” Now, I’m using all four glorious strings to ruin favorite songs. Like this one by Plain White T’s. … Read More […]

67. oh well, that’s sweet actually!) and chords are simple! Lord, how I miss my ukulele!!)